The touch screen on my iPhone just stopped working. I can get it to turn on and unlock, but none of the functions on the screen will work. Please help...
I tried solution on Unlocked 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 versions. Just follow the steps they have been explained really easy way. Dont think this is too hard. Just follow them it will work:
1) download WinSCP on your PC (google it) and run the application
2) download new general.plist file (google it) on laptop
3) download OpenSSH on your iphone (it will not show on iphone but its there so dont worry)
4) connect the laptop and iphone through the same wireless network.
5) write the ipaddress of the iphone from(Settings>Wifi>network details to which you are connected to shows you the ipaddress)
6) Goto laptop on WinSCP type the ipaddress of the iphone in host name field and username: root and password: alpine and then hit Login.
7) it will open like an explorer view of your iphone files on laptop then click on root on the left side. then Click Applications> preferences> replace the general.plist file with the one you downloaded. you have Done the major part.
Now unplug iphone click Settings> General>Touch and reduce the senstivity to 0. 0 gives you the highest touch sensitivity.
9) Now be happy it works….